Popular Post

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Do You Use Primers? Reviva Labs Makeup Primer Review!

Reviva Labs recently contacted me to do a product review, and they were generous enough to let me select from their vast range of products to decide which one I'd like to sample.

There was A LOT to choose from; this company offers everything from skin firming fluids, to collagen-fibre eye pad kits, to a complete men's skincare line. As foundation primers have recently taken the cosmetics world by storm, and with all the fun I've been having testing them all out, I decided to give Reviva's a whirl:


$19.50 (29.5 mL)
"Apply over moisturizer or instead of moisturizer. Lines fill in, pores are concealed, excess oil is controlled. Skin so touchable, so silky smooth, you will find it hard to believe."






I have used many makeup primers, including L'oreal, Hard Candy, Benefit, and Revlon to name a few. I have yet to try the crowned Smashbox primer, apart from sampling it at the store. This one has much the same consistency and feel as the Smashbox. It is clear and silky smooth.
Here are some comparisons on my skin. Can you see a difference from one to another?

No Makeup:

 
My skin looks lighter with the primer (right pic)^
My chin has always been red and blotchy. You will notice the primer has toned the red down in the second pic as well.

With Makeup:


^ Although subtle, you'll that my skin in the picture on the right has a deeper tone to it. The foundation used for this review was one shade darker than my normal foundation, and it showed up nicer on the primed skin than the bare skin, to show the true color. The foundation blended much better when used with the primer - it went on lighter and I also used less than I did on the non primed skin. With the primer, my skin has a glow to it.

Foundation Used: Estee Lauder Resilience Life Creme Compact in Biscuit

Would I recommend this product?
Yes, I would. While the results were subtle, I did see a difference in my skin, under foundation especially.
If you are looking for a light weight formula that you can't feel, this option would be for you.
Another great thing is that it is non-comodegenic (won't clog pores). Not all makeup primers are, so if you have problems with breakouts as I sometimes do, you will like it even more.

Have you used this primer?

*Disclaimer: This product was sent free of charge from Reviva Labs for consideration.
Reviva Labs Inc. Haddonfield, NJ 08033

No comments:

Post a Comment