Popular Post

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Through The Looking Glass








What strange and wonderful stories "Alice in Wonderland", and "Through The Looking Glass" are. I'm excited to see Tim Burton's rendition in 2010, partly because it features Johnny Depp, but also because I think Tim Burton has the perfect eye for bringing such a bizarre tale to life on screen.

When I was young, say seven years old, my mom used to read me a chapter of "Alice in Wonderland" each night before bed. It was out of a musty old chapter book with a zebra like pattern on the dust jacket; you would never have guessed the story that lay inside. I don't remember her buying the book for me, it just appeared one day; maybe a book my older sister had forgotten to return to a friend, or a ragged hand-me-down of some sort . It was a great story, and a great bonding experience with mumsy. Can't wait to see it on the big screen.
These are actual replicas of the pictures in the same book my mom used to read me .. Old and yellow.
Such a bizarre story. I heard it was somewhat based on an acid trip the author had. True?


Are you excited for this movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment