Popular Post

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Love For Kim K. and "Beauty" Throughout The Ages



most.beautiful.goddess.

Okay, so I know it's incredibly cliche to do a Kim K post these days, but I don't even watch Keeping up with Kardashians .. I've just loved Kim K since the minute I saw her!!

I love her eyes, her skin tone, her jet black hair, everything! She blows Meagan Fox out of the water to be sure.


The thing I love most about her though, is how she suddenly broke the mould of what is considered beautiful in Hollywood. Before her it was still all about being a pin-thin lollipop head. Nicole, Lindsay, Mary-Kate .. they all looked like sickly little girls on their death bed.


I'll admit I used to be a waif as well. All I cared about was fitting into those 24" pair of true religions. I'm still considered slim now by people who look at me, but I have a healthy glow and a bit more meat on my bones.


Beauty to me, is about being feminine and curvy, and Kim has most definitely brought this timeless look back into "style".

Isn't it funny how what's considered beautiful changes throughout the decades?


By today's standards, Marilyn would be considered over weight, but back then, her curves were a symbol of beauty, youth, and sex appeal.
***
From the 40s onward, the idea of what was beautiful slowly began shrinking to smaller sizes. Even so, in the "supermodel hay days" of Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, and Christie Brinkley, a healthy looking frame was still maintained.
...
Then came the mid-90s, and with it "heroin chic"; Kate Moss, the original waif:

The skin and bones look remained on the runways but dissipated slightly from the mainstream until it's sad return in the mid 00s with the help of emaciated fashion stylist Rachel Zoe.


So these were the starlets I sadly looked up to when a young girl thinks she needs a celeb figure to look up to.
Beauty is about being happy in your own skin. Whether you are naturally thin or naturally curvy; both are beautiful. Just don't try to be anything you're not!
I'm over-joyed that after those few years of girls looking up to pin-thin celebs and crafting their looks after them, there is a starlet in the main spotlight who isn't afraid to rock her curves again!

Beautiful, healthy, and most def well fed.
I love you, Kim K!

No comments:

Post a Comment