Popular Post

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Love for Estee Lauder

Last week my colleague pulled out a flyer for Estee Lauder's gift with purchase, and that was all it took to have me visiting their counter the next day. I've never tried any Estee Lauder products, but given the fact they own pretty much half of the makeup companies out there, (MAC included), I thought it was high time I gave them a try.

The deal is, you spend $34 on any Estee Lauder product and receive a free gift valued at $100. I've been on a foundation kick lately, in search of the best one out there. After hearing how amazing EL's foundations were, I naturally made it the focus of my expenditure.

Resiliance Lift Extreme Ultra Firming Creme Compact Makeup in Biscuit

I wanted a compact foundation, as it's so much simpler and quicker than liquid+powder together.

The Estee Lauder counter lady was one of those immaculately groomed, older Eastern European woman; the ones with long laquered nails who make you feel like you're inconveniencing them by offering your business at the counter.

"Well I can't swatch on yar face to test, the foundation yar wearing is wrong." She flicked a drawer with a myriad of liquids and powders out. "Here, let me do yar neck."

After a light sprinkling of more unintentional insults she selected the correct shade for me. In the end, I loved it. I'll take an abrasive counter lady who gives me solid advice over a nice one who sells me the wrong color any day. I learned from Paulaskivina that it's not necessarily about how dark/light the shade is, but the tone. For instance, right now I'm a neutral medium tone. I'd look better in a neutral dark (even though it would technically be way darker than my skin tone) than a medium warm, as this would look orangey and fake on me.


Anywhoo ....Love the coverage of this foundation, love the shade, love everything!

*****************
Then it was time for my free gift!

 I received a floral EL makeup pouch and inside were the following items:

Soft Clean Tender Creme


Resilience Lift Extreme Ultra Firming Creme SPF 15


Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil in brown (LOVE)


Double Wear Lipstick in "Pink Parfait" (LOVE)


Eyeshadow Palette with neutrals:


Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex


And that is it!

***Unfortunately my skin has undergone some pretty bad break outs this past week, and I am trying to locate the culprit. I fear it may be this new foundation. I've discontinued it's use this week until it clears up, and will give it a final try before righting it off for good. I hope it is not the foundation, because it's the best I've used so far!!!

Do you like Estee Lauder?


No comments:

Post a Comment