Popular Post

Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Handmade Jewelry and Wedding Update!

My newest hobby is jewelry making. My mother in law got me started at this. At her house she has boxes of beads, pearls, wire, Swarovski crystals, gold chains, sterling silver chains, and everything else under the sun one would need to make beautiful jewelry. The last couple Saturdays I have spent over at her house, and she's been showing me how to make gorgeous jewelry.

Here are my latest creations:

Pearl and Swarovski Bracelet:

Ryan's mom designed this and I made it. I really like the way it looks; it would match perfectly with my wedding dress!

Sterling Silver Crystal and Pearl Drop Earrings:


I was just playing around with beads, crystals, and dusty pinks pearls here. I may make them into earrings or an anklet, not sure yet.

I'm loving jewelry making so far! I like designing feminine and delicate  pieces so far, full of pale pinks, ivorys, crystals and pearls. I think it would be intereting trying some lace inspired jewelry; very vintagey and antique looking.

Just wanted to share the first few things I've made with you =)

Wedding Update

We have gotten a lot done, but there is still to BE DONE. It really never ends until you are walking down the aisle, and even then, you are planning your life together in your head! Here is where we are at thus far:

Things to Do @ 4 Months Prior:

- Book the rehearsal and rehearsal-dinner venues.
-Select and order the cake
-Send your guest list to the host of your shower
-Purchase wedding shoes and start dress fittings.
Schedule hair and makeup artists. 
 -Choose your music

So we are doing ok, considering we've got 2 out of the 6 tasks done and it's April 1st tomorrow. (Wedding is on July 30)

We went to a cake tasting last weekend at Brulee Bakery (cutest website ever - check it out) and got to taste some lemon cream, strawberry vanilla mouse, cococnut cream, chocolate raspberry cream, and chocolate wedding cakes. They were all good, but we both agreed that the chocolate raspberry was our favorite.
So we want a chocolate raspberry buttercream cake (fondant=YUCK), with white cherry blossom exterior. (2 tier). It should look something like this:


Still not sure if we will be using real flowers from the florist for the blossoms, or have the cake designer create sugar flowers. We will see!

The exciting part will be wedding shoe shopping! I'm debated going all out for a high end pair. What do you think? Or a more affordable pair of mid priced Vivienne Westwood's might not be bad either:


I love the heart on these, and the low heel would be perfect to wear throughout the day, plus they would add a fun element to the dress. (No one would really see them). Can't find the pink ones online though, only the white/black which isn't near as much fun!




Any advice on good wedding shoe options?

No comments:

Post a Comment