Popular Post

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Day Off - New Hair, Movies, and Video Games!

Hola, Dolls!
Sorry for my wee little hiatus there ..
.. Now I'm back from Outer Space =)
****
I love it because with my current job I receive every second Monday off. I always try to make it  a relaxing "me" day to just recharge, relax, and do whatever I want!
Being a true blue Capricorn, I'm a loner at heart who needs good alone time in order to recharge. There are some people who can NEVER be alone, the social butterflies if you will, but for me alone time is always something I  look forward to and cherish.
Anywhoo, yesterday I woke up at around 9:30, had a quick and nice visit with my mother in law, than walked down to the Angles (hair salon) at the end of our road. As much as I don't like the Loooooong ass commute to work each morning, I do love the many amenities that are so close to our place. There is a Shoppers Drug Mart (good for makeup, books, mags and more), tanning salon, hair salon, pub, liquor store and much more all within less than five minutes WALKING distance. It's really nice. Anyways, where was I? Oh yes, so I made an appointment at Angles Hair Salon  and walked down to get my hair cut at 11am. The last hair cut I got was around 7 months ago, and a fabulous job was done, but I was in very dire need of one right that minute and had no where to be, so why not? I took a chance and had a random stylist I had never used (never been into the salon before) do my hair, and she did a great job!

Gave me some nice side swept bangs again, and just cleaned up the unruly and scraggly ends.
After that I went tanning. (For 8 minutes. Tanning is bad, but I'm PALE and we've had NO SUN here all winter so I was in desperate need of some, any UV rays).
Then walked over to the post office to get my new text books that were mailed to me (micro economics and business communications) and then got a Skinny Vanilla Latte from Starbucks to go!


Oh, and I forgot to mention I had a sushi craving so I also picked some up from Sobey's after tanning. Not bad for grocery store sushi - they have sushi chefs in the full Japanese getup that make it fresh daily now, too!



A good lunch =)

I''ve also recently gotten addicted to a computer game, which is weird, cause I never play them. But I saw this game at Walmart the other day, and I've been hooked since buying it!



It's a SUPER FUN game where you get to plan weddings and solve all these fun little puzzles along the way.
The one I got had all three "Dream Day Weddings" included in the one cd.
Vegas Wedding, Bella Italiana, and Manhattan Wedding.

You basically have to find certain things in every picture in a certain amount of time; also plan weddings and solve smaller puzzles. So fun and I love the graphics! So now I have something to do while Ryan is killing zombies in his video games. You can get it off of amazon also.
Also while I was at Wal Mart, I bought Black Swan on DVD. I haven't bought a DVD in YEARS, usually Ryan just downloads all our movies, but Black Swan is the type of movie that I HAD to own. Just loved it! For the visuals, mostly. Her last performance is my fave part, where her arms turn into feathers and she goes all crazy ... just brilliant!


So that was my nice, relaxing day off!
How do you like to spend your days off? All alone or with friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment