Popular Post

Friday, January 7, 2011

My Birthday Fun!

Yesterday, January 6 was my 26th birthday! Yikes, I feel like I'm getting old, but doesn't everyone say that on their birthday?

Photobucket

{Boots were an early bday pressie to myself from the weekend}

I didn't want a huge kerfuffle this year over turning another year older ... for some reason I just wasn't feeling it! Last year I had a super fun party at my place where we danced til dawn, but this year I slid under the radar a bit - I have nothing planned this weekend either! That's not to say I didn't have lots of fun yesterday though! It made me appreciate every little detail of the day =)


Starting with this sweet email I got from Ryan in the morning:


Photobucket


Then a cute little card from the peeps in my department

Photobucket

Photobucket

At around 10am I got a lovely birthday surprise. My order from Amazon came in!!

Since I've been having them ship my orders to the downtown office it's almost cut my waiting time in half. I wasn't expecting this til the 12th so I was uber excited to get it on my bday =)

Photobucket


My workmate Emily who I sit beside all day took me for a bday lunch at Moxies and Ryan accompanied. I had a yummy appetizer (mosaic dip) and club soda with a lime =)Thanks Emily!
After work Ryan took me out for dinner.

We had dinner @ The Keg.
I hadn't been in awhile, and I took Ryan there for his birthday a couple weeks ago. We liked it so much we decided to go back for mine. I usually want sushi on my birthday, but I forgot how good the food at Keg is - especially for a chain restaurant!

Photobucket


Vegetarians cover your eyes, the following pic is Rated R!


Photobucket

This is Ryan's dinner .. are you kidding, I could never eat a slab of meat that big.

I did have the (small) Prime Rib also though. I'm normally not a dark meat person but decided to give it a go and loved it. Their mashed potatoes are to die!


{HAHA remember this?}


The Wine

Photobucket

January has been my cleanse month and I've loved it! Never felt better ... but for my bday and with such a meal I HAD to have a nice Shriaz. It complemented it beautifully. 1 glass of a spectacualar wine with a nice dinner can't be beat. New Years Resolution #1 : Sip & Savour more!

Photobucket


Chocolate Brownie with vanilla icecream, hot fudge and whipped cream!

Photobucket
Haha, I was laughing so hard. Me and Ryan are always joking about how cheesey it is that I pull my camera out and take pics of absolutely everything. So he decided to get super excited about the sundae in true Kim form.

Birthday Pressies:

Photobucket


^This peculiar looking contraption is actually a massage pillow and it rocks! Ryan got it for me before Xmas as an early bday gift. I have a bad neck that I'm always stretching and cracking it, trying to relieve any tension that I can. This has helped immensley. Thanks Ryan!


Photobucket


And to make sure I had a little somthing to open on my acutal bday he got me this bottle of Halle perfume that I also used to have.
>>I bought this perfume right before our first holiday together, in Cuba, and I loved it! It's a really nice scent. Well while we were there it got knocked off the dressing table of our hotel room and smashed all over the place. After I'd only had it a couple days! I was pretty sad. He said he'd get me a new one and over 2 years later ...... he did! So now when I smell this new bottle I'm instantly in Cuba at the start of our relationship again=)

And that about sums it up for the Birthday Re-Cap.
I am going for lunch with my family tomorrow, but this is it for the actual day.

Do you go all out celebrating your birthday, or do you prefer a more low key approach?


I hope you have a good weekend. I'm going to be doing school work all weekend, blech! But oh well, it has to be done. I'll just stay in my pjs all weekend and watch my new Keeping Up dvd in between assignments =)


Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment