Popular Post

Friday, May 6, 2011

The Great Hair Debate

Since I was 14, I've been going back and forth between dark and light hair colors. Over the past year, I've had the best of both world's with ombre hair - my natural dark color fading into the remnants of my last blond dye job. The fact that this coincided with the year's biggest hair trend was an added bonus! My wedding is coming up and I'm debating what to do next with my hair. My personal preference has always been a head of long, dark locks. If I was a guy, I'd be going after the brunette ladies =) But blond looks good on me too, and at times I feel a lot prettier with that color. Rachel Mcadams is someone who can seamlessly transfer back and forth from brunette to blond, and look equally as good in both cases.




If I go blond, I don't want it entirely bleach blond as I've had it before, but just blond hi lights like Molly Sims. She's definitely a runner for best hair in Hollywood:
She actually looks quite similar to Rachel Mcadams, no?


Jennifer Aniston is the perfect blond, I think. It looks so natural, like each strand was unintentionally lightened by the sun. Still dark enough to bring out her features. If I go blond, it will be like this =)


I love the mystery that black hair brings .. it's hard to pull it off without looking gothic though. (If you're a pale skinned Caucasian) I don't think I have the right skin tone to go this dark .. but then again Jennifer Connely is quite pale with the same color eyes as me, so I might..

This is a little darker than my natural color. It looks stunning on the gorgeous Olivia Wilde. She is a classic example of someone who can ONLY be brunette. You would think with her amazing looks she could sport any color - not so! Google a "Olivia Wilde blond hair" and you will see what I mean. I think she is the prettiest starlet in Hollywood right now.


Isla Fischer. I don't think hair color gets much prettier than this! After the wedding, I want to try red, just because I never have before! It's very hard to have it look natural, so I'll need to be careful and do some more research before I venture into the red territory..
Just For Fun:

 What do you think of Rhianna with long hair? I think she looks quite peculiar myself. Obviously she is stunning no matter her hairstyle, but her short hair DEFINITELY suits her more. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment