Popular Post

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Microdermabrasion At Home!


With my wedding two months away, I've been trying to get my skin prepared for the big day. I noticed my skin was looking dull and lifeless, and it needed something to reveal the newer refreshed cells underneath. I decided to get an exfoliator. I've never used a weekly face scrub before, so wasn't sure where to start. On my lunch break I went shopping and came across this:

The Body ShopVitamin C Microdermabrasion for Dull Skin.
Weekly home-spa exfoliation.

It's quite a strong exfoliator, hence the "micordermabrasion" term, and you aren't supposed to use it more than once a week. Actual microdermabrasion is done at a medical spa with a machine that pretty much sandblasts your face with tiny exfolitator grains, while simultaneously vacuuming the grains back up to reveal fresher skin. Obviously this at home product isn't as extreme, but it has done an amazing job of revealing fresher skin for me!


^Tiny black grains that rub in circular motions slough off dead skin.


This is my makeup free skin after using the scrub. You can still see some discolorations but this product has done a lot so far!

Apart from revealing fresher looking skin, microdermabrasion is amazing at allowing your other face care to work better.Once dead skin is gone, your cleanser, toner and creams will have access to the deeper layers of skin and penetrate deep into your pores to generate the best results. 

I would definitely recommend this product for anyone. It's not recommended for very sensitive skin. I have quite sensitive skin, so I use it very sparingly and am very gentle when scrubbing.

Do you use an exfoliator on your face?

No comments:

Post a Comment