Popular Post

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back From Seattle!

Hallo!

Got back from our little trip to Seattle this weekend, and it was so nice to get away! We made it back across the border safe and sound with our new car =)
***

On Saturday the 7th we got a last minute flight to Seattle on Alaska Airlines.
Before long we were in Seattle. Neither of us have been there before, so we were both a little lost about how to get to the dealership. We figured it out and before long we were with the car that brought us there =)We decided to stay the week in Seattle and check out what the city had to offer. As originally said, we didn't end up going to California for it. The dealership sold the car we had our eye on, but it worked out better in the end because this one was a better deal. We debated still driving down South, but with only a week off, we decided not too. So I will have to visit L.A. next summer, without fail.I loved the spontaneity of the trip. We stayed in four diff hotels, one in the north, one in central, and one in South. Then one more in Spokane on the way back home. It was so funny just picking random spots on the navigation, driving up there and seeing if they had any open rooms available.We had to check out the first ever Starbucks. I loved walking around the city. Seattle has such a great culture, very unlike the boring city I live in =P. Ryan's career is so heavily based in oil and gas, so the cities we can live and be prosperous are limited. If Seattle was an oil mecca I would move there in a heart beat.

Walking around Pike's Place Market. I couldn't believe how cheap the giant bunches of flowers were. $10 for a beautiful bouquet that would cost at least $40 here.


And don't forget the giant octopus.Can't forget all the shopping .. this was one day's haulage. You Americans don't know how lucky you are to have all those shops. Ate lots of good junk food while there. Wish we had a Jack In The Box in our neck of the woods =)One of my new pairs of shoes. =) I got four pairs while I was there; will do a post on them soon =)


And finally the drive back up. I took a few videos that I'll need to post. I took so many more pics, but it takes forever to upload them to blogger.

Hopefully you got a general idea of how our trip was. I had a lot of fun and would definitely return to Seattle.


I can't wait to catch up on all your blogs and do more posts - a lot of new beauty review posts are coming, I took advantage of all the deals in the states =)

No comments:

Post a Comment