Popular Post

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bits and Bobs Haulage

Almost done with the last of the Seattle Shopping Series =)

Alas, again I must throw in that this isn't about boasting, as you bloggers know we all love to share and talk about our latest finds at good prices.

These are random other little pieces I picked up in Washington:







Of course you have heared of Sophie Kinsella, wildly famous authour of the Shopaholic series of books, but what you may not know is she writes under the alter ego personality of Madeleine Wickham. I adore Madeleine's books, and prefer them ten fold over Kinsella's style. Wickham's books are a bit older, a bit friskier, and a bit darker =)



Photobucket
Sleeping Arrangements.


I'm loving this book, I read two thirds of it on the 16 hour drive back up to Calgary with the car and will probably finish 'er up this weekend. I've also read Wickham's Cocktails for Three and The Gatecrasher, and would recomend them to anyone who loves a good scandalous mystery that unfolds with loads of laughter.

Photobucket

Grimms Complete Fairytales
The forefather's of practically every fairytale told today (them and Hans Christian Anderson) were first introduced to me in an old ratty book my mom used to read to me at night. They containted all the original fairytales, that were later adapted by Disney, etc. I love the Grimm's Bros, their fairy tales are so much darker and more interesting than the modern day ones. Among my faves in this 400 page book are Hansel and Gretel, Cinderella, Rumpelstiltskin and The Sleeping Beauty.
Photobucket
Photobucket


Mini Coach Sachel
Photobucket

Photobucket

With traveling around in comfy shorts and baseball caps while down there, I didn't want to be lugging a structured leather bag around. I'd seen these small and simple wrist bags around for awhile, and they are perfect for a long day of exploring. Perfect for holding your id, camera, and maybe a lip gloss for good measure.



Kimmidoll Keychain

Photobucket

C'mon, you know I couldn't walk past anything kawaii and not take a look, and with a brand name like Kimmidoll, I never had a chance ;)
These are Japanese collectable little dolls that come in a large standard size, or these mini key chain versions. Of course I swooped one up, and I think it looks nice on the key chain =)
Photobucket

The hard part will be keeping "Mia's" white hair white, with the random assortment of things that always end up in my bag.

Okay, I think that about covers in for the Seattle Shopping Series, so hope you enjoyed my show and tell. There were other random things I got, but pics of jeans and baseball caps are boring, right??? That's what Outfit of The Day Posts are for =)

No comments:

Post a Comment