Popular Post

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Wedding Diary - What Kind of Flowers?

Being a girl, I love flowers. Being that I'm planning my wedding, they are definitely an even bigger element. I still haven't decided on "the flower". Naturally, my bouquet will have an assortment; but for the ceremony, reception, and general feel, I do want to decide on a single type of bloom. Below I present to you my top picks so far. Keep in mind my wedding colors are black and the palest pink, as well as sprinkle of deeper pink for accent.

Peony:
Such a beautiful, full, lush bloom. This bouquet is breathtaking. But they are expensive, so I will have to decide accordingly.


Dahlia:
Dahlias are so unique looking; they almost look like little honey combs!

Hydrangea:
I fell in love with these a few months ago when I first saw them in a magazine. They are such nice and full blooms, they create the appearance of abundance with really quite little.

Lilac:
These are fast becoming my number one pick of flower. I like that they aren't hugely popular, and you can also get a light pink variety. I think it would look nice for my bridesmaids to hold just a couple of the slender flower, with a simple ribbon tied around the stems. Not to mention their amazing scent


What is your favorite flower?

No comments:

Post a Comment