Popular Post

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Black Swan

Photobucket
While I've never been compelled to see a movie on a Tuesday night, I was reading rave reviews about Black Swan yesterday and found myself at the cinema buying two half price tickets straight after work .
As with other Aronofsky films I've watched; The Wrestler and Requiem for a Dream, I was thoroughly enthralled and disturbed (the best kind of engagement) throughout the film, and then asked myself "why?" as the film's credits rolled at the end.
That's the thing with Aronofsky's films, (for me); they are a bit of a trade off .. there are seldom twists or thickening plots, but the imprint left on you long after you've left the cinema never fails to remind you of the extraordinary talent Aronofsky possesses.
I give it 4/5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment