Popular Post

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

ELF Beauy Book Review/Holiday Look


ELF Beauty Book Smokey Eye Edition

Hi Dolls. As previously mentioned, I decided to do a mini review on the Elf Smokey Eye Beauty Book. I'm sure you've see these Beauty Books around; there are eyes, blush, and lips ones to choose from. I purchased this book for $8.99.


Before I go any further, I must say I was in the business of turning my nose up at all ELF products before this palette. I just couldn't be bothered to give $2 eyeliner and $4 blush any serious consideration ... the cheap price point completely turned me off.

Well, was I wrong... I love this palette! I was so surprised at the pigmentation ... one swipe of my brush on the shadows produced strong opaque color.

Swatches of all the colors (no names):

^These are all one, light swish of the brush on my skin. (super pigmented)^

Here is the Holiday look I created with some of be colors. It's a look that would work well at a Christmas party, or for NYE. Smokey with silvers:

And the colors I used can be seen as follows:

I apologize for the poor lighting ... I hate night time lighting:

Pros:
Amazing pigmentation
Nice assortment to create different looks

Cons:
Produces a LOT of fall out. Apply shadow before concealer and foundation, this shadow was everywhere!

Rating:
4/5

What do you think of ELF products?

No comments:

Post a Comment