Popular Post

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Plump Up My Lips!




Hi Dolls!
I decided to review a sample I received from Sephora about a month ago. This was part of my 500+ points on my Beauty Insider Card. To read about the free gift, click here.

Anywhoo, the product I'll be reviewing is the Bare Escentuals Buxom Lip Polish ($18) in Katie (light baby pink). It's part of Bare Escentuals new "Buxom" line, meant to enhance lashes and lips. (side note: I detest the word "buxom". Never really paid it much thought, and then one night this drunk Scottish guy nearly fell off his bar stool while looking my friend up and down and creepily leering, "I like the Buxom ones". EWWWWW!!! So now whenever I hear the word, I instinctively shudder by association)

Anyway, Back on Topic!

Photobucket
{sorry for the crappy pic, Jolly Old Saint Nick can't come fast enough with a new camera in hand! And by Santa Clause I most likely mean myself on boxing day}

Here is what the Bare Escentuals website says about the lipgloss:

"Plump what you've got with our luscious polish, which naturally creates the look of fuller, more voluptuous lips. You'll know it's working when a tingly, cooling sensation rushes over you."

While this gloss doesn't claim to be a full fledged lip plumper, it does promise to plump lips up a bit! I've heard of products like this and all their tingling sensations but never really thought they'd work all that well. Was this one any different?

You be the judge:

Photobucket



NOPE!


My lips look exactly the same, just shinier! I think the only thing this gloss does in terms of plumping is reflect light, which anyone knows adds size/dimension!
I give this product 0/5 as a lip plumper, but
4/5 as a general gloss.
Why?

It feels amazing on my lips with the tingly sensation, it's really moisturizing, shiny, and lasts a long time!


Note to Bare Escentuals: Axe the whole "plumping" bit and market it as a simple gloss to keep customers from feeling they've been mislead. It really is a great gloss and sales are sure to increase with a simpler approach;)
Have you tried Lip Plumpers with any success?
Let me know!




No comments:

Post a Comment