Popular Post

Friday, December 10, 2010

Foundation Talk

I love the first few days when I've just baught a fresh foundation. I use MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation in N5, and have been for over 5 years. It's the best foudation I've ever tried!
I think there are a lot of high end department store makeup products that are just not worth the price, but foundation is one thing I can never get from the drug store .. skin always has to look tip top ;)

Photobucket

^Here is my brand new fresh foundation =) Kind of like the feeling of fresh washed sheets, it can't be beat!

Photobucket

Here are all my old foundation compacts that I'm waiting to take in to MAC for their Back to Mac program. Hopefully I'll have a couple old lipstick containers I can use as well somehwere to get it sooner!

What they look like on the inside!

Photobucket

Ew! Not looking so great. As you can see, I lay the compacts down the rest about the same time each batch. I hate trying to scrape out the last remnents of old foundation. I was curious to see how much powder these four almost empty compacts would produce, so I scraped out the rest with a butter knife onto a plate:

Photobucket

et Voila: a heavy duty loose face powder you can dust across shiny places in a pinch. Make sure the foundation isn't TOO old before you scrape though, as you don't want bacteria to grow. A tiny amount of rubbing alcohol can serve as a disinfectant.

ALSO

I was on the hunt for an eyeshadow primer. I've seen the Urban Decay one and of couse heard about how amazing it is, but (surprise!) I've actually been trying to curb my makeup shopping and wanted to find an affordable alternative. Well they didn't have any in the drug store, so lo and behold I somehow ended up at MAC and spent more on this Paint than the Urban Decay one actually is =P Apparently it's an amazing primer, I've read so many great reviews on it. I will do a review shortly, but here it is: (Bare Canvas)



Photobucket

And here is a mini review on the latest polish I purchased - NYC Mulberry Street:
Photobucket
NYC Nail Polish is probably the cheapest you can find. I believe this one was $2! .. And boy did it show. I LOVE the sheer "almost there" color of it, but unfortunately it was chipping within hours (literally eating itself off my nails right before my eyes) and it went on like SHYTE. So ladies, I wouldn't recomend, but for a $2 polish, you don't need me to tell you that! (Then again, Rimmel's 60 Second Polish is under $4, and it's my fave ever!)

Photobucket

Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment