Popular Post

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wedding Day Perfume



What perfume did you wear on your wedding day?


I'm on the hunt for that perfect bottle, a classic and beautiful scent that when I smell it years from now will bring back all the memories of the happiest day of my life. 
I went to Holt Renfrew today on my lunch and went on a sniffing spree, trying to select one that is timeless but still rare enough that it doesn't remind me of the first girl I'd known to wear it. I want to find a hidden gem of a perfume that will be only MINE. Too bad I haven't practiced perfumology in awhile; this is definitely a case where I could use my very own scent for a day.




^My samples from today^
I haven't asked for perfume samples since my grade 7 days, when me and my best friend would troll the counters lusting after expensive bottles we couldn't afford. I'd also spray every cologne the department store had, and imagine what it would be like to smell the scent on an actual boy, if I had a boyfriend.

Lancome fits the bill when looking for a more mature and sophisticated scent. I am in LOVE with Hypnose, but they only had a sample of Hypnose Senses. Both are good but I haven't quite decided if it's wedding appropriate yet. The lady gave me a couple other samples. I wore Miracle when I was 16, so it reminds me of the hair salon where I worked at the time.
Viktor & Rolph Flower Bomb is amazing and great for a wedding. I'd never smelled it before, but it smells like freshly baked and fluffy wedding cake with icing on top. A definite front runner.

I'm debating about the classic Thierry Mugler Angel. This is a love or hate perfume for many, as it's definitely unique, but I've always LOVED it. It has a striking yet soft scent, and it's not tainted for me by any memories. No one I've known has worn it, except for an old friend's mom back in grade school. But she was a stylish lady, and that was eons ago, so it doesn't really count.




Wedding Day Perfume Tips

* If you're determined to wear something new, be sure to start experimenting the perfume at least a month before the wedding so that you are certain it is a scent you'll both enjoy.

*Apply the same fragrance in all its many forms and layer it -- starting with the bath and ending with your perfume application to the pulse points (wherever you feel the beat of your heart).
*For an especially romantic effect, apply fragrance to the palms of your hands.

*If you're wearing fashionable sheer lacy gloves take a cue from Queen Elizabeth I and accent them with fragrances and perfumes.

*Just before you put on your veil, spray fragrance and surround yourself in a aura of scent. Then, spray the same fragrance on your veil to create a magical aura of scented pleasure.


Any Good Recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment