Popular Post

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Favorite Perfume Ads

I am definitely drawn in by beautiful, expensive perfume ads. They always tell a story, and give me a visual idea of what scent is encased in the glass bottle.

My Number One Fave:

Miss Dior Cherie
Such a sweet and charming ad campaign. I love how incredibly French and darling it looks. I purchased this perfume duty free on my way back from England back in 2005, when it first came out. It has quite a spicy, but also sweet, very unique smell to it that I grew to love over time.

Chanel No 5
I loved the commercial more than the print ad for this one. It was again so very French, and ultra glamorous with Nicole Kidman as the starlet. I couldn't find many still images of the commercial, but the below one captures the over all feel of it quite nicely. It was a "race against time" sort of ad, and I couldn't help but get caught up in the exquisite rush myself.

The print ad:




Flora by Gucci

I can just imagine the breeze that is blowing her silk dress carries the sweet floral scent of the perfume on it's wings.

Gucci
This ad is more modern and chic. Not as nice as the above, but still eye catching. I have yet to smell this, but I imagine a bolder scent, with no florals.

Chloe
Again, more '60s mod inspired. I wouldn't really expect an ad like this for the overly floral Chloe, but I like it none-the-less. This is the fave perfume in my collection.




Some Vintage Perfume Ads:


Recognize this face? ^

For fun I decided to create my own perfume ads from old pics on my blog. Not saying I'm perfume model material, but it was fun to give them names and dream up what their scent would be like.

Secret Wish
Delicate, light floral, with vanilla undertones. Only the closest of close can catch a drift of it's subtle enchantment.


Vintage Heart
Romantic and classic, a musky vanilla with subtle gardenia traces

Maybe one day my dream of creating a perfume will come true. I remember trying to create a perfume when I was a little girl. I crushed flowers and mixed it with water and hand cream in a little plastic bottle with a heart shaped top. It was sweet smelling but short lived, for perfumes need preservatives in order to last.

I am still going to show you my perfume collection in an upcoming post. It is not as big as I would like, as my faves are usually the highest price ones.




I also want to say that I've decided to do another giveaway, and will be opening it in the beginning of July. This is my best giveaway to date, as I will be giving away my top favorite beauty products. They are all high end products and will include my favorite mascara, lipstick, sunless tanner and more.

Tell Me

What is your favorite perfume?

No comments:

Post a Comment