Popular Post

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Review: Maybelline "Falsies" Volum' Mascara

After seeing the commercial for a mascara that created "false eyelash effect" lashes, I thought I would give it a go.. Could something this good be true? I decided to see for myself. ($7)

The brush is super bendy. They call it a "spoon brush" as it bends like a spoon to cup your lashes when you apply it.Left eye: bare/Right eye: with "Falsies" mascara.

*

*
Below: Both lashes with "Falsies".

Overall, I was definitely unimpressed. The mascara did nothing in terms of volume, as you can see, it pretty much just went straight over my own lashes, making them darker. It did nothing either, for length or volume as fake lashes would. A good mascara, and certainly one that claims a false eyelash effect, should allow you to "build" your lashes, increasing the length and volume, but this did neither of the two.

I understand a $7 mascara will not work miracles, but why call this product "Falsies"? It had nothing in common with false eyelashes at all, and in my opinion the name is slightly misleading.

My Rating : 4/10.

It's not bad as run of the mill mascaras go, but don't expect a full false eyelash effect like the package implies.


No comments:

Post a Comment