Popular Post

Monday, October 18, 2010

Wedding Diary - Theme





I'm really not leaving any surprises for the big day, am I?

Don't worry, I still have a few tricks up my sleeve that I won't let anyone know about.
... But I AM really excited about the theme I have chosen for my wedding and just have to share it with you.

So what is my theme, I hear you ask?

Cherry Blossoms!

Cherry blossoms are believed to exemplify the transient nature of life, because of their short blooming times. The transience of the blossoms, their extreme beauty and quick death, has often been associated with mortality; for this reason, cherry blossoms are richly symbolic.

Cherry blossom is an omen of good fortune and is also an emblem of love, affection and represents a new chapter of life. Cherry blossoms are an enduring metaphor for the fleeting nature of life, and as such are frequently depicted in art...


"But, wait a minute!" You may be thinking. Cherry Blossoms are richly symbolic for Spring and I thought you were getting married in July ?!

> Yes, this is true and at first I thought I would have to put my dream of a cherry blossom wedding to rest because of the seasonal difference. I did some digging on the Internet however, and learned that a Cherry Blossom Wedding has been done many times in the summer months. Now, obviously real Cherry Blossoms aren't used. They are highly difficult to attain in their own season, and virtually impossible in the summer, so arrangements need to be made. The solution? Pink orchids wrapped around branches are a near splitting image, cherry blossom colored hydrangeas may be used in bridal bouquets, and for everything else, the cherry blossom theme can still be used (Cakes, decor, favours, etc.)

My colors can be summed up in the below photo:

The darker pink (fuchsia) for bridesmaids dresses/pocket squares/boutonnieres

Pale Pink and Gold for everything else.


No comments:

Post a Comment