Popular Post

Friday, November 12, 2010

End Of An Era - The Writing Off of My Car

A lot of people praise Calgary (where I reside) as one of the only cities in the world completely immune to natural disasters. No earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes, hurricanes, or tsunamis. Obviously this is all fine and dandy, but one thing Calgary is NOT immune to is it's brutal hail storms!
It is notably one of the worst areas in North America in terms of hail storms. In 2005, more then 3 billion dollars in damages were wracked up in the worst hail storm to date for the city. (proper citation needed)


So can you guess why my car is DUNZO and written off?


You guessed it - HAIL!
(From the storm on August 12).

Yes, it took me awhile to make the tedious phone calls to my insurance company, get the appraisal done, etc., but by tomorrow a.m. my car will be long gone!

>> To make a long story short, there was so much damage to the hood, roof and trunk of the car, that it pretty much needed a whole new chasse ... which TOTALLY wasn't worth it.... I drive the thing maybe twice a month as it is.

So I'm taking the cash pay out from my insurance company. It's bitter sweet ... so many good memories with this car! But with the settlement, we will stay completely debt free with regards to the wedding, which is a HUGE bonus! (ya, ya, it's not the classiest thing to discuss your finances on the internet but it's intersting, right?) +, if we tried to sell it I don't think we would get as much as we are from the settlement. (Way too many repairs needed). So in the end, the hail storm seemed almost meant to be! I'm just glad Ryan's car wasn't caught out in it..


When I first got in 07. It looks so old now! It was a 2004; I loved it at the time!




First Road Trip ..

Me and the bester Jenny during our crazy clubbing stage. She drove my car home every weekend!


Ryan driving me around in it=)>

***

One thing I do know is I will never own a BMW again ...

They're nice cars, but in my opinion a little over rated, or at least my series. They used to be a little unique, but now everyone and their dog drives one .. And if you have one, this isn't meant to offend, it's just my personal opinion. Oh well, at least I can say I tried!

From now on it's Mercedes all the way =)

Until next time ...







No comments:

Post a Comment