Popular Post

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Blog of Note




I'm going to start featuring a blog of note every now and then. If I visit a blog and feel particularly moved by a post I will link it here.


This post comes from Rasha. Read her moving post that inspired me here.


*******

I look at some of the troubles people have had in life, and it makes me realize how truly fortunate I have been throughout most of mine. (Thus far). How insignificant so many of the issues are that I can get caught up in.


My parents immigrated here from England before I was born, so I have never had much of an extended family.


We never had money, but we were a happy, stable (if small) unit who could depend on each other through thick and thin.


My parents raised us to treat each other with dignity and respect no matter the situation.I hold no one higher than my family. I have been so fortunate to have them in my life.


I'm so inspired by people who have faced horrible, disastrous things in their lives yet still have a positive, amazing outlook on life.

*******

Some of my favorite quotes:

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. - Thomas Jefferson




Keep steadily before you the fact that all true success depends at last upon yourself. Theodore -T. Hunger



If you wish success in life, make perseverance your best friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius. - Jospeph Addison



There are two things to aim at in life; first to get what you want, and after that to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind has achieved the second. - Logan Pearsall Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment