Popular Post

Monday, May 17, 2010

Give Me Vintage




I'm still reading "Getting The Pretty Back" by Molly Ringwald and enjoying it a lot. It's inspired me to start doing some vintage shopping. One Saturday afternoon, (or maybe this Friday, as I have it off), I've decided to head to the local second hand store and see what treasures I can unearth. It sounds fun being able to create my own looks .. if nothing else I'm sure it will make for an interesting afternoon =)







I'm just getting sick of the typical "looks" in the city I live. There's something so cheesy and conformist about Ed Hardy t-shirts, rhinestone R&R jeans, and giant LV purses.


I wish I knew how to sew. I bought a sewing machine years ago with the intention of teaching myself, but like so many other things, it got placed on the back burner. Now it's collecting dust somewhere in my parent's basement.

Here is one of my favorite fashion blogs. Her style is definitely vintage, but is so effortless and chic:


Have you tried second hand shopping?
What do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment