Popular Post

Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Vanity

Hey, dolls!
I decided to show you my favorite area of my place - my vanity table! I love getting ready to go out, I'll listen to music and just relax while I pretty myself up=)
My vanity is actually an old desk that I used to keep my computer on, but as my makeup collection grew, I decided to convert it to a beauty table:

The main area where my computer used to be is home to my reversable mirror with lights, my brushes,  a small set of storage drawers, and my eyeliners.


I store my brushes in a purple pencil holder I got at Winners. I like the "Love" lettering on it, and the pale color. I have an assortment of 23 brushes; the Sigma complete brush set, and two LE mini MAC brush sets. The purple brush to the left of the brush holder is a Too Faced kabuki brush:


Here are my eyeliners. I stole a little espresso cup from Ryan's espresso machine to store them, and it works perfectly. I have my eyebrow pencils, sponge tip eyeliners, paint eyeliners, and kohls:


Moving on to my small white storage drawers. In top I keep single eyeshadows and eyeshadow pencils:


In the first drawer I keep my foundations and concealers. I don't have a lot of different foundations, I've used the MAC studio Fix powder foundation for over seven years, and it's given me no reason to try others. I use NC5, but in the summer, I have a compact of NC25 for when I'm a little darker. I've tried Revlon Photoready (as you'll see) but didn't like it.

In the second drawer I have a couple primers and a Hard Candy concealer palette:

To the right of the desk parition, I keep my lipstick holder! It's comprised of 3 rose shaped bowls that are all attached. I like it becuse all of the lipstick colors are visible from where I sit.

I bought a purple letter holder that matches my brush holder that I keep all of my eyeshadow palettes in:


Here is my favorite drawer, where I keep my blushes mascara and lipgloss. I keep a pencil holder on the far right, it fits perfectly in the drawer:

In the back are my mascaras, and in the front parition of the holder, my lipglosses:

On the shelf above this, I keep some of  my skin care and nailpolishes. I use the Clinique toner and moisturizer to prep my skin for makeup, I LOVE the white victorian style jar to the left of the Clinique, it's perfect for my cotton swabs and q-tips. I got this at Winners, too =)

And on the very top I keep all of my perfmes=)


So, I hope you enjoyed looking at the area that inspired my blog's name. It's definitely a makeshift type vanity, I improvised and got a little creative.
I am excited because when we finally move places and I have an extra room, I'm taking an old antique vanity that my mom is giving me, refinishing it, and painting it, and putting it in an extra room. It's going to be so gorgeous, and actually has three large mirrors on the back. I'll do an updated vanity post once that is all finished.

Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment