Popular Post

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Shopping Bag (Haul) Hard Candy, Rimmel, and Comfy Things =)

Hallo!
Here are the latestes contents of my shopping bag:

Rimmel Lipstick in 022 Nostaligia:
A peachy pink which is my fave color right now. I love it with my skin tone=) Only downfall is it's slightly drying, as a lot of lipsticks can be.

Photobucket

Hard Candy Skin Perfecting Primer:
I came by this by accident at Wal-Mart - I had no idea Hard Candy made a primer! So I immediately snatched it up. I'm in search of a good primer.

Photobucket

I really want the Smashbox one as I've heard it's the best there is, but @ ~$50 I think I'm going to wait. This primer is pretty decent, actually, I prefer it tenfold to my Revlon one. This one has a milky white, much thicker, almost pastier consistnecy than the clear Revlon one. Much better imo:

Photobucket


Hard Candy Nobody's Perfect Concealer Palette in Light:
I've been looking at this for awhile and decided to finally get it to try the darker shades for contouring. I blame that on watching crazy Youtube transformation videos =P. I can also use the green for any discolorations on my skin. Over all this concealer palette is definitely poorer quality than what I'm used to. There's little to no coverage for the flesh toned concealers; I'd have to completely cake it on my face to get any sort of coverage and that would just be silly. But oh well, at least I tested it out =)
Photobucket

Hard Candy Baked Bronzer in Tiki:
I love HC's packaging, and their baked bronzers and eyeshadows always get me buying them. This one barely shows up on my face though :(. For some reason my skin just won't show any tracces of it... sucks, as I've heard other gals swear by it.
Photobucket

Damask Stripe Collection Queen Sheet Set in black:
Me and Ryan were at Bed Bath and Beyond and I was like "we need new sheets!". I've always wanted luxurious high thread count Egyptian sheets so we had to get these. Even though they are cotton, they are soooo smooth. I'm not a fan of silk/saten sheets for some reason. They always slide all over the place. So these stay in place but are still soooo soft

Photobucket

They don't look bad with my original bedding either, which is a +. I guess black does go with anything though:
Photobucket

Ardenne Sweatpants and comfy T-shirts:
I love comfy clothes so much and when I was in the states last I definitely made a couple trips to PINK by Victoria's Secret to get some comfy clothes. They recently opened one at a mall here, so I went to see what I could find. I couldn't help but balk at the prices though, and I'm not a cheap person by any means! But seriously, $50 bucks for baggy sweatpants! (says the girl who'll buy a $50 lipstick =P). I dunno, I just couldn't justify it. So I decided to do a loop around the mall and see if I still wanted them in a little bit. (Good trick if you can't decide whether to buy something or not .. a lot of times the moment of weakness will pass if you don't really want it). Anywho, across the mall was Ardenne of all places, which used to sell only tacky, Claire's-type jewellery and accessories. Well they've diversified, let me tell you. Now they sell clothes, shoes, etc., and while I'd never wear their clothes or shoes, their comfy clothes for rainy movie days caught my eye: 
Photobucket

I got two super comfy pairs of seat pants and two comfy tees for $20! It was buy 1 get 1 free, and these sweats are the comfiest things I've ever worn ... So if you're ever in need of comfy rainy day clothes, don't turn your nose up at little Ardenne! Yes, it looks like a pre teen store, and they hang their shoes with actual clothes hangers on the wall, but there are some hidden gems in there, I promise. 

That's it for this time's shopping bag; I hope you're having a swell week!

No comments:

Post a Comment