Popular Post

Monday, February 28, 2011

Shopping Bag - Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipsticks, Sake, and Wine Haul

I adore Covergirl's new Lip Perfection Lipstick collection. Their pinks are to die for! I like the casing too, and they are quite moisturizing for a traditional lipstick.
They promise to give you "more beautiful lips" in just 7 days =)


Of course I got the brightest pinks of the collection. Below, 400 "Temptress", and 385 "Feline". I love the names they gave the lipsticks. Wouldn't that be the funnest job? I want to be a professional lipstick namer. I could just sit around dreaming up new and fantastic names for pretty pink lipsticks all day .. I've been on the hunt for "Sweetheart", the prettiest pink imo, since the collection came out, but it's always sold out b'time I'm in front of them.


^Left:Feline, Right: Temptress^

Feline On Lips:
It has quite a bit of sheen, and goes on almost like a gloss, but with a lot of pigment.

Temptress of Lips:
This is a lot brighter in real life, and as you'll see, it's a lot more opaque than feline. The pigment is incredible. 

Over all I'm really satisfied with these lipsticks. The color lasts a long time on the lips.
Repurchase? Definitely!
I give them 5/5.

Wine Haul:

Me and Ryan recieved a lovely gift card to the "Wine Cellar", a very impressive downtown underground wine boutique, just like a vintage wine cellar. Saturday we spent a good amount of time browsing the aisles, country by country and selecting all new wines we had never tried. We got a shiraz, merlot, pinot noir, chenin blanc, and champagne from various regions of the world including South Africa, Italy, France, Australia, and USA.

I also couldn't resist this little bottle of Sake. I think warm Sake is such a nice treat on a cold winter night:


But now I want a sake set!

Here are my faves:


Sitting inside on a rainy evening by a fireplace, with some delicious sushi and hot sake served with a beautiful set - perfect.

There is also this HK sake set:


Charming, but I'm not sure how I feel about drinking strong alcohol from such a childishly themed sake set. Just a little ... off putting?

I also decided to wrap up my 30 day blog challenge in this post.

Blog Challenge Conclusion: Day 26-30.

26:What kind of person attracts me:
I don't think I necesarily have a specifiic "type". It's just a feeling I get when I am attracted to someone right off  the bat. How they make me feel in their prescence; if they make me feel sexy, confident, special, or unique, but genuinely and without trying to make me feel this way. Its all natural; something I can't quite put my finger on but know is there.

27:A problem I have had:
I've had issues with self confidence that has manifested itself differently in the past.

28:Something that I miss.
Summer! Nice weather, beaches, sunshine. Songs or the smell of perfume from last summer will make me miss it even more. I can't wait to drop the fricking top. (Of my car that is!)  It feels like it has been winter FOREVER right now.

29:Goals for the next 30 days:
Pass all my courses! Keep wedding planning on track. Begin toning up for the wedding.

30: Highs and Lows of this month:
Highs: Laughing lots
Lows: Weather


I hope you had a marvelous weekend =)
 Have you tired these new CG lipsticks?


No comments:

Post a Comment