Popular Post

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My Virtual Hairstyle Experience .. Seeing is Believing!

So I haven't had my hair properly done in ages. I used to haunt the hair salon on a monthly basis, spending hours at a time getting bleached, snipped, and styled to perfection. Then I realized that the monthly visits were obnoxiously expensive without being entirely necessary. My recent bank balance fully agrees.


BUT hair still grows, and the split ends of my splits ends now have split ends. Yes, it's that bad. I'm also sure you've noticed my color is a little funky looking, a lot lighter on the bottom two thirds, with a brassy undertone. It definitely needs to be done, and soon.


I know I want to grow my hair really long (haven't had it that way since grade 7), but of course I still want layers, and something needs to be done about the color situation that is going on.


With high hopes, I headed over to none other than the COSMOPOLITAN website (ha!) to use their groundbreaking and revolutionary "virtual hairstyle creator". I was excited beyond belief at the chance to see what my hair would look like before actually taking the plunge. Shear Genius, right? (pun intended)


WRONG..

I was asked to upload a straight on closeup pic of my mug, which was easy enough..







Enter straight on closeup pic of my mug ..



With continued optimism, I clicked "upload"and watched my blurry face come into focus on the screen. A bevy of celebrity beauties with silky mains appeared on the left, just waiting for me to test their hairstyles.



Excitedly, I clicked the style that was the longest, flowiest, and prettiest of the bunch. I hit upload and waited gleefully to see how beautiful I would look...


Then I watched in sheer horror as THIS tainted the screen ...






I'll take her cleavage, but the hair!? Me thinks my face looks a little distorted! And is my nose really that honkin' big?!
I know it's virtual but COME ON Cosmo, this is ridiculous!



Not fully deflated quite yet, I decided to try another. Surely my face would be a match with another long dark style?



WRONG AGAIN!

Ok, now it just looks like I've had a stroke. (Pardon my political incorrectness). Is this not the creepiest picture you've ever seen?!



At this point I knew what the tool was good for - a laugh! I continued to test out the ugliest styles offered, and sure enough, my face followed suit.



Third chin, anyone?








I look like a BUG, and an ugly bug at that!



Isn't a tool like this all about making you feel beautiful, and giving you hope? I'd much rather walk around bald if it meant not having my face look like it had been folded in half and stomped on, then unfolded and dropped in acid.



I thought perhaps if I tried a different picture it would work out better ...






Nope! Just as bad! Although I do quite like this color with my skin





Oh Cosmo .. you failed me. I had high hopes for you to select the perfect personal style for me. I could just waltz into a salon with the printed version, and walk out an hour later looking and feeling as good as my fave celeb.



Looks like it's back to hair magazines and simple trust after all ..

No comments:

Post a Comment