Popular Post

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tanorexia?

I was paging through my latest In Touch at the gym the other day, and came across a spread they'd devoted to "Tanorexia" - the addiction to tanning.


Whether "tanorexia" is a bona fide addiction similar to alcoholism or drug abuse is still up for debate by docs, but to me, it seems quite possible. I've known people who've fried themselves silly in tanning beds since they were 12, and it kinda freaks me out! Not to say I've never succumbed to the dangerous tanning beds myself when I was younger, but then I wised up! Invest in a bottle of CLARINS tanning gelee and avoid being called a leather face by the time you hit 30! Read this story about a Tanorexic Teen who just can't stop tanning - 12 years old with the elasticity of a 25 year old. If that's not scary enough, there are more Revolting Tans here, that I didn't want to taint my blog with directly.

Too Tanned Celebs?


Both Victoria and Christina are absolutely stunning no matter what color their skin, but I'd prefer them with a more natural skin tone. Isn't Christina half Spanish? The Spanish don't have orange skin last time I checked!



Brooke Hogan.




^In all honesty, my guess is this was photoshopped to look worse then it is, but I have no way of knowing for sure. She's definitely a repeat offender of the orangey look despite the validity of this photo.

I'll admit, pasty white skin is just as unattractive as the oompa lumpa look (sp?), but I'm a firm believer in finding a happy medium when it comes to skin tone. I think that if you know you have an event or special occasion coming up, you can apply tanning cream a week before for the gradual glow, and then the day before do a full fake tan like CLARINS. The CLARINS gelee is kind of expensive at around $35, but definitely worth it!

Kristen Stewart


Pale & Pretty! (but still can't act)

It's funny how in Victorian times, it was pale skin that was all the rage. Tanned skin, in those days, meant you were blue collar and worked outside all day. The pale ones had posh jobs inside office buildings and law offices.

Once tanned skin started meaning you could afford to travel to exotic locales, the tables quickly turned. But even today in Asian countries, white skin is still highly sought after, and a number of skin lightening creams are used, much like my CLARINS is here to acheive the opposite results.

What do you think of excessive tanning?

No comments:

Post a Comment