Popular Post

Monday, July 5, 2010

Weekend In The Mountains



Happy Monday! I thought I would share with you some pics of me and my man on our little vacation this weekend. It was Canada Day on Thursday, so we headed to the Rocky Mountains for a couple days of hiking.





This is where we stayed. It was an old fashioned B&B; so charming!







Unfortunately it was cold and rainy the whole time, so we didn't do much hiking. Instead we stayed inside by the fireplace, drinking wine and eating good food.













They had the best traditional British food ever ...


While it poured outside, we spent a lot of time just wandering the hallways aimlessly, looking at all the weird and random British antiques.



Ryan with an old school typewriter.

A pocket full of PosesWith A Marilyn Monroe movie poster.Creepy antique Dolly!
I can't wait to buy a house with a jacuzzi .. I could live in one.






Next day we went shopping in the town site, and I of course got some bath stuff.

O'Canada Soapworks is a really good company that has great product for CHEAP. I got two packets of bath salts and this giant soft bar of soap for $15.

Posing in the phone booth.





On the way back .. what a pretty lake.

The nice thing was, we still had two days left of weekend after our jaunt to the Rockies before heading back to work.







Yesterday was rainy again in Calgary, and I spent the day watching movies. I watched Coraline, which I loved! I bought it at the Blockbuster bargain shelf about three months ago, but had yet to watch it. Yesterday's rainy and grey weather was perfect for the whimsical and eerie flick.





Then we watched Alice in Wonderland, but I fell asleep. It seemed like a good movie, though. After that, I did a bit of homework for a couple hours, and started reading *gasp* some of Eclipse! Yes, I put the series to rest a few months ago, but as always, when the movie comes out, my curiosity peaks and I decide to take another chance. I still find it quite boring, but seeing as how I'm over halfway done the series, I'm thinking of finishing it. I just want to get Breaking Dawn in softcover. I hate lugging around bulky hardcovers to the gym, and holding them in the bathtub; they are way too heavy! They had softcover Breaking Dawns in Mexico when I was there, and I should have gotten one. They might have them in the states, but I haven't seen any up here.

I'm glad this week is another short one for me; I'm going to the Calgary Stampede this Thursday with some friends for opening night, so it should be fun!

After this last weekend though, I'm definitely cutting back on the junk food and booze, if I keep this up, I'll be a balloon by summer's end.



Thanks for reading =)

No comments:

Post a Comment