Popular Post

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What Makes A Woman Classy?




I know this book's release date was in April, so I'm a little late doing a post on it. I only heard about the book yesterday, through a girl I work with, but I was instantly intrigued and headed to Amazon to order it. I love little girly handbooks, like "He's Just Not That Into You". They're so fun to read, and even if I don't learn anything new, it's always entertaining reading what life changing tips the authors offer up.


I got the normal, forever-and-a-day shipping when I ordered this book, so I won't get it for at least a couple weeks. In the meantime, I've been thinking to myself what "classy" even means. I think every girl wants to think of themselves as classy, but there are definite attributes that determine whether the girl is.





The dictionary defines Classy as:
class·y 
–adjective, class·i·er, class·i·est. Informal .

of high class, rank, or grade; stylish; admirably smart; elegant





I would like to consider myself a classy woman, in the modern day form at least. I don't hail from a family or scholars or aristocrats, not even remotely so, but I hold myself with poise and would say I'm pretty sharp. That being said, it's always a work in progress. To me, there are 3 definite attributes that make a woman "classy".





1. The Classy woman remains cool and collected at all times.

Ok, when I said that being classy for me is a work in progress, this is the area in which I need the most work. I don't have a bad temper per se, but I'm not good at appearing collected on the outside, when really I'm fuming. If I'm upset about something, I let it all out, to my detriment. So I've recently learned that being classy means choosing your battles. If a classy woman feels wronged or disrespected by someone, she doesn't pot shot or stoop to their level. She simply refuses to offer her attention or time to them anymore.





2. The Classy woman dresses tastefully

I think a lot of girls in their late teens, early twenties think showing more skin will get them more attention - I used to be on of those girls! But it's not the right kind of attention. A true gentleman will be intrigued about what is left to the imagination. You also need to dress for your body type. Nothing worse than ill fitting clothes on someone, or walking around constantly shifting your too tight attire.





3. The Classy woman treats everyone equal.

Whether the janitor or the CEO, she greets everyone by name, and treats everyone with respect.






I will let you know how the book is once I get it in the mail! Getting it shipped to my parents house again, so the delivery guy isn't stuck outside my condo again with no way to get in!

No comments:

Post a Comment